Tetley Angling Covid 19 5th November WATER NOW CLOSED
LOCKDOWN IN PROGRESS – WATER NOW CLOSED
no Members allowed on water. Gates are locked no access to the water until further notice
UPDATE 5th November – WATER CLOSED UNTIL END OF LOCKDOWN
Now that we are back fishing again, we are regularly updating our guidelines to anglers, clubs, fisheries, coaches and other angling organisations to ensure fishing complies with the latest Government guidance during the Covid-19 epidemic. Please choose an option below to read guidelines that are relevant to you.
UPDATE – On October 14, the Government introduced a new three tier system of Covid restrictions. Fishing and outdoor sports remain accepted by the Government as low risk activities and can largely continue within the new regulations in all the three tiers. However, there has been some tightening of the restrictions and the government discourages travel into and out of the Tier 3, Very High, alert level areas. As anglers we have an individual responsibility to fish safely, to adhere strictly to the rules and to follow the appropriate guidance for travel in the various areas.
For advice and further restrictions on local lockdowns, please see the latest Government guidance.
We are now open, but practising social distancing here at Tetley Angling Fisheries. Please at all time use common sense, and stay on top of the latest guidelines from the UK Gov website. Here are some basic guidelines for safe fishing during the COVID-19 Crisis:
- Stay home if you are sick, or showing or feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, coughing, and/or troubled breathing
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least six (6) feet/2 meters, of distance between yourself and others. A good way to measure this is with your fishing pole! Hold the pole straight out in front you. If you can turn in a circle without hitting anyone, that is a safe distance. Please use common sense here guys.
- Follow UK Gov Guidlines, such as wearing a mask in public.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol when soap and water are not available
- Drive to your fishing spots only with your immediate family members and only if everyone is feeling well.
- Don’t share fishing gear with others. Each angler should have their own fishing gear (rod and reels, bait, mats, landing nets, towels, pliers, and other personal items).
We’ve gathered the latest information from UK agencies. Rules and recommendations are changing daily, but we’ll do our best to keep the information below up to date.
Stay Safe Guys, Tight Lines